In our class, your child and I will work together to:
• Build essential literacy skills for college and career readiness.
• Bring his or her reading proficiency up to grade level.
• Develop multi-paragraph writing skills.
• Apply reading and writing strategies to other subjects such as social studies, science, and math.
• Show your child that he or she can attain reading success.
Our class will challenge your child to work hard. Offer encouragement and provide support at home by visiting the library, setting aside reading time, and discussing the books your child reads.
Thank you in advance for helping us achieve our goals!